Monday, April 4, 2011

29 and 30 weeks

I've been a slacker...

Check out my two posts below, I updated my 28w weekly post with pictures... check them out, one is with my handsome little man and the other is with my roommate from school who is due just 2 days before us!

I have to be honest, the reason  I was such a slacker for a couple weeks was because if Quinn was asleep, I had my nose in the last Twilight book.  Goodness, it's nice to have my life back! :)  I just couldn't stop reading the silly teenage books!!

In my defense, I was stuck on my left side with a heating pad because sciatica started to flare up on my right side.  I had it for a couple weeks with Quinn at the change of each trimester, but it's lasted longer and has gotten much worse this time around.  I am not amused!!!

How far along? 30w 3d
Total weight gain/loss: 2 lbs in week 29, and 0 in week 30 brings us to 24!  On track for 41 lbs vs. my 28lb gain last time!
Stretch marks? Still just the one that's growing.
Maternity Clothes:  Some of my summer shirts made their way out of my rubbermaid containers this weekend... I feel like a 50 year old going through menopause with the hot flashes I've been having.  Considering we had snow on the ground twice last week - I am the only person at work in short sleeves!
Sleep: Not too bad minus a couple bad nights where the sciatica woke me up.
Best moment this week: Been working pretty hard and longer hours over the past couple weeks and actually got a "thank you" from our director and my senior manager... that was nice :)
Movement:  Baby is trying to dig it's way out through my belly button - I'm sure of that.
Gender: Vote to the right!  Very confident it's a boy.
Labor Signs: I think I've stopped having braxton hicks... but can't really tell.
Food Cravings: Steak and cookies - not together.
Belly Button in or out? It doesn't even resemble a belly button.
What I miss: The gentle early kicks... these ones are just getting painful!
What I am looking forward to: Nicer, warmer weather and strolls through the neighborhood!
Weekly Wisdom:  I've got nothing wise to say that's new - but I did get a couple foot cramps a couple nights when the sciatica was acting up and remembered that I need to eat more potassium to keep them away!
Milestones: Baby is about 3lbs now.
Shout outs to new followers: No new followers this week.
Baby Brain Moment of the Week: I drop many things throughout the day... and not just once... if it's going to fall, it will fall twice!
Random Belly Rubs: Baby does not like when Quinn gives him/her raspberries.  He almost got kicked in the face! haha
Wedding Band Status: Both rings on
Link to Pregnancy 1:  30 Weeks Pregnant with Quinn looks like I skipped week 29 with Quinn also.
Weekly Belly Pic: There are two things I notice immediately looking at this picture. 
  1. I understand my this baby felt like it was going to fall out last week on our walk - carrying so low! 
  2. No wonder I'm having issues with sciatica, look at the curve of my back!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. I totally get wrapped up in books, too! It's "The Hunger Games" for me right now. ;)

    Maybe you ARE having a boy, you are carrying so low, like I am. Sorry to hear your sciatica is acting up, that must be so uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete