What a week already... so much good news has come my way about a few friends including a friend and co-worker giving birth to a beautiful and healthy baby girl! Congrats Susan!
We have a goal to get Quinn into his big boy room, and therefore big boy bed, a month before this baby comes. So the goal is by the weekend of May 12. Since I don't work Fridays most weeks we'll probably start him with his Friday nap in his twin bed and go from there.
Before we do that, we need to do a lot of work in there. The heat has been installed, not that we'll need it until the fall again - - yay for real honest-to-goodness Spring-like weather! The room is currently a dark red, so I'm sure we'll need 2-3 coats of primer before we paint the room. That starts this week also! We've decided to go with a light blue. I'm hoping we'll be able to buy his bed this weekend. Then pick out bedding, some furniture for organizing toys, an area rug, etc. So... lots to do, but we'll get there.
It's making me a tad anxious since we have 6 weekends until baby's due date. The good news is, I clearly remember being prepared so early with Quinn that I was bored out of my mind in the last weeks - this seems to be a good solution! So let's just all hope the baby comes on time - not early!
I'm also really looking forward to having NO PLANS besides prepping during this month and a half. I'm excited for no travel, no hosting visitors, and just having bonding time as a family of 3 and getting Quinn as ready as we can for his new role of a lifetime as a big brother! He's going to do great :)
I'll finally close with the story that relates to the subject. I was pricing out twin mattresses at a store yesterday and the saleswoman says. "Boy, you're having a boy right?" I thought she asked if I had a boy, so I said "Yes we have a son, he's going to be a big brother in a just under 2 months." She replies, "No, you're having a boy." Note that's not a question, she was stating it. This of course followed by, ".... yah, I'm always right when predicting surprise babies gender...." blah blah... I think she's probably right, but I think it's weird when strangers claim to be my fortune teller for the day. Why not accurately predict that I will come into a large sum of money in the next 6 weeks too while you're at it! :)
I just wanted to tell you we got this paint from Lowes (don't recall the name) that was paint and primer in one, it was AMAZING and worth the ~$30/gallon.
ReplyDeleteI hope moving Quinn into his big boy room/bed goes smoothly!