Sunday, December 12, 2010

14 weeks!

I didn't fit into any of my dresses for my company's holiday party Friday, so I decided to wear a dressy empire waisted tank with dress pants and a cardigan.  I thought it was flattering and subtle, and heck it fit... so I didn't have many choices.  We aren't at the party for more than 10 minutes when I see a manager I hadn't seen in some time and she says "Congratulations!"  So I think it's for Quinn's birth over a year ago and say "thank you."  She proceeds with "When is the baby due?!"  Then rubs my belly.  I say, "I didn't think it was that obvious."  Guess my mirror (and husband's opinion) are deceiving.  Oh well, I don't really feel the need to keep it a secret at work anymore, so I might as well get comfy in my maternity clothes  :)
How far along? 14 w 2 d
Total weight gain/loss: Up one more pound, so that makes 5lbs.  At this rate, I'm on track to gain 9 pounds more than with Quinn.  I am worried about the next two holiday weeks!!
Stretch marks? Just the one from Quinn, religiously using cocoa butter to keep more at bay.
Maternity Clothes:  I've decided to give in and put my regular pants away.  Since I'm apparently showing enough for co-workers to rub my belly (see above) then it's time.  I have a couple new pairs of pants I need to bring to get hemmed.
Sleep: Better than a couple weeks ago :)
Best moment this week: Healthy heart beats.
Movement: Yes, finally!!  :) 
Gender: We could find out next month, but will be holding out until June.  Still thinking girl, though, I can only focus on boy names... maybe my subconscious is telling me something different.
Labor Signs: Nothing for about 6 months please!
Food Cravings: Not a fantastic appetite lately, however there was a "Willy Wonka" dessert room at my company holiday party Friday... which was VERY satisfying :)
Belly Button in or out? I think it's just going to flatten this time.
What I miss: I would have enjoyed a couple beverages at the party, however, it's also fun to be sober and watch as people I work with make fools of themselves as the evening progresses.
What I am looking forward to: Christmas, Quinn's reactions to his new gifts.  Baby related: seeing baby in less than a month for our anatomy ultrasound.
Weekly Wisdom: Just because you don't get out much doesn't mean that you should stay out until midnight when you're pregnant just because you have a babysitter. 
Milestones: Less than 6 months left.
Shout outs to new followers: Since I published last week, I have a couple new and return followers from last time.  Welcome to: Amanda, Jenn and Michelle
Baby Brain Moment of the Week: I'm feeling pretty sharp right now, it's the whole motivation thing I'm struggling with right now.
Random Belly Rubs: A Senior Manager congratulated me and then she rubbed my belly Friday at exactly 14 weeks.  I didn't think it was that obvious, nor was that really appropriate! ha!
Wedding Band Status: Both rings on.
Weekly Belly Pic: I started taking weekly pics at 15 weeks last time, so I will take one this week and start posting weekly, along with the comparison to my first pregnancy.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE these weekly updates and thanks for the shout-out! :) I'm only one week ahead of you so, it's neat to go through this with you. Can't wait to see the bump pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! Looking forward to comparing notes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the weekly update questions! Mind if I copy?

    Now I need to go "back in time" on your blog and catch up"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alissa, please do. Some of the blogs I followed with my first pregnancy had this "survey," I just added a few of my own questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alissa, no problem, some of the mommy-to-be blogs I followed with my first pregnancy had similar surveys, I just modified it a bit. Feel free. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete