Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Update - 2nd Appointment

We had our second appointment yesterday afternoon.  It was a standard one, urine sample, bp and heartbeat via doppler.    I had a couple questions for the Dr, but other than that, I feel pretty confident about where we are right now, like a seasoned veteran :) 

I asked how my blood work came back and for the second time, it showed I am not immune to Rubella.  I got the MMR vaccine the day after Quinn was born... despite the fact that my 33 hour "day" before that made me pretty cloudy, I'm pretty sure I hadn't even gotten out of bed to go to the bathroom before they were shooting me up!  I guess it can happen.  I'm still trying to understand.  What I was able to find out online today was that this happens to about 1 in 1000 people.  So keep your German Measles away from me!!

Turns out I was also never exposed to the Parvo virus as a kid either, aka Fifth disease.  So... I am not immune to that either.  Who typically catches this??? Yep, you guessed it, children in childcare.  Lovely!!  So we need to be on the eye for that.  My kid catches EVERYTHING despite the fact that he's still being breast fed at least once a day, so we need to keep him away from that particular illness.

Little stinker took a minute or two to find a heartbeat... I was not expecting this, Quinn's was always very easy to find, even at our 12 week appt, the first time we heard it.  So that time it took to find was like an eternity.  Perhaps we have a stubborn or shy girl in there.

Coming up after new years: 3rd appointment at 18 weeks and also our anatomy ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment