Monday, December 20, 2010

1st Bump Pic and 15 Weeks

Work peeps officially know, the gossip mill as received a telegram that there is an inhabitant in my uterus.  Someone who I barely know walked by me to day and said "Congrats on your second baby!"  I was sitting down at my desk, nothing to see... so clearly she's heard the rumors.  No big deal, now the fun begins :)

How far along? 15 w 3 d
Total weight gain/loss: Didn't weigh myself, so whatever my gain is next week, we'll divide by two for this week's gain. But perhaps I should get on that scale otherwise my Christmas cookies are going to really surprise both the scale and I next week!
Stretch marks? Just the one from Quinn, religiously using cocoa butter to keep more at bay.
Maternity Clothes:  Pants are hemmed and back home, it's full time maternity pants for me from her through June!  It's a glorious thing once you finally give in.
Sleep: Better than a couple weeks ago :)
Best moment this week: A great show in NYC, with Mom and my best friend, who just so happens to be due the same week! 
Movement: Yes, and it's starting to get consistent too!!!  :) 
Gender: We could find out next month, but will be holding out until June.  I've been thinking girl since Oct 4th when we found out we were expecting again.  This weekend I was overcome by a feeling of boy, my prediction has officially changed.
Labor Signs: Nothing for about 5 months, 3 weeks please!
Food Cravings: Street vendor food in NYC - read: giant pretzel, so glad LB and I are having the same cravings!  :) And also cupcakes.... so much for the avocado cravings like with Q.
Belly Button in or out? I think it's just going to flatten this time.  I've never seen one so wide!
What I miss: Pre-pregnancy lung capacity.
What I am looking forward to: Christmas, Quinn's reactions to his new gifts.  Baby related: seeing baby in less than a month for our anatomy ultrasound.
Weekly Wisdom: Non-pregnant co-workers, stop irritating the pregnant woman/women (right, S and U?) it is not going to make your life easier, and you will CERTAINLY not get the last word! A-hem!
Milestones: 15 weeks seems like a milestone for some reason... we're almost to baby's birth year
Shout outs to new followers: I have a couple new and return followers from last time.  Welcome to: Gramma Lil, Alissa and NicoleBaby Brain Moment of the Week: Went to Target 3 times last week and the first 2 times I forgot to get the shampoo that I desperately needed.
Random Belly Rubs: No rubs this week, but I'm enjoying the light pats from within.
Wedding Band Status: Both rings on.
Weekly Belly Pic: I started taking weekly pics at 15 weeks last time, I said I'd post, so here's a pic from today and from 15w with my first pregnancy.



 So, I'm carrying differently this time and showing about 2 weeks earlier than last time, the pic to the right is from 17w with Quinn.  I'm proud to say that even though I'm clearly showing a lot earlier this time around, my face and everything else looks thinner!!  Thank goodness  :)

2 comments: