Sunday, December 5, 2010

2nd Trimester - Good to see you again!

Gradually starting to feel like I've kicked the yucks of the 1st trimester.  Very excited about that!!

We went to our first Christmas party of the season yesterday with a bunch of our local friends.  Last year Chip was volunteered to dress as Santa for the kids, so he graciously volunteered again this year, which will probably be his last because Quinn will probably start to recognize next year.  All the kids get on Santa's lap and share what they'd like for Christmas, well, all the kids until Quinn's turn.  He was so scared he had the silent scream going... poor kid would cry whenever we got even close to the room Santa was in.  We did get a great shot which will embarrass Quinn for years to come.

We also shared the news of baby 2 with the rest of our friends who didn't know.  Quinn showed off his "Big Brother" shirt again, so that was a lot of fun.

Lots of really painful round ligament pain stretching this week.  It actually woke me up a couple times this past week.  My Dr. said it would be worse with this pregnancy, he was not kidding!

How far along? 13w, 2d.
Total weight gain/loss: Held steady again this week, so 4 lbs total. (last time I was down 4 lbs!)
Stretch marks? I refuse to fill this one out for at least 5 more months or longer.
Maternity Clothes: I decided to break out the maternity jeans but I can still fit into my regular clothes.  I"m going to try to get away one more week with regular work pants and then retire them until next fall.
Sleep: Better since my cold is over.
Best moment this week: Quinn's reaction to a bare Christmas tree today.  Can't wait for him to see it decorated this week.
Movement: No, hopefully this response will change in the next week or two like last time.
Gender: This baby will also be a surprise! Still thinking girl.
Labor Signs: Should probably delete this one for about 6.5 months!
Food Cravings: Not much this week, I'm looking forward to Christmas cookies!
Belly Button in or out? In, it never fully popped last time, hopefully it'll do the same this time.
What I miss: Would have really enjoyed a glass of wine or two at the party last night.
What I am looking forward to: Movement in a few weeks... our 13 week appointment this week, can't wait to hear those precious heart beats for the first time. 
Weekly Wisdom: Maternity clothes - why wait?! Comfort is key.  The only thing is they make you look more pregnant than regular clothes.
Milestones: Hello second trimester, looking forward to spending some glorious time together. 
Wedding Band Status: On, and hopefully for the whole pregnancy again.
Weekly Belly Pic: Pic to come. I'm about the size I was at 16 weeks last time.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!
    Couldn't be more happy for you!!!
    I will definitely be following this time around again! Fun, fun, fun!

    Lots of love,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete