Wednesday, May 18, 2011

36 weeks and other exciting stuff

Friday we were 36 weeks - only 2 days until we're safely at term, though I could stand for this child to go to 40 weeks also.

Couple exciting things in the last week.

Friday: A friend from college and fellow mom has officially started her photography business.  She's so talented.  Jess asked us to do some maternity/family shots for her portfolio, you can check out a few of them here in the maternity and family sections of her portfolio: www.jeccadphotography.com
My favorite part of our visit was seeing Quinn and Jess' 1 year old daughter, Lyla, play together!  Thanks for everything, Jess!  Great to see you!!!

Here's a few of the shots:


The next one is just my favorite!!!  She's perfectly captured our first and second (to-be) born!!!


On Friday night we went to our friend's 30th birthday party where Quinn had an absolute blast hanging out with one of the kiddos there.  They were running around holding hands.  We were also told by some of the people there that Quinn is so handsome he'll be a movie star someday - duh!  :)

Saturday:  We had our childbirth refresher course.  Though we didn't learn a whole lot new, I feel confident coming out of there knowing that I've done my research of some of the events that happened with Quinn's birth.  We'll see how things turn out.

Sunday: Dad and Janet (or "Grampy and Grammie") came in for a quick visit too.  They hadn't seen Quinn since Jan - he's like a different kid with all the development since then.  We all had a great time together.  We took advantage of Dad's truck and picked up Quinn's twin bed.  If his bedrails come in this weekend - he'll spend his first weekend in there starting Friday!!

36 Week Appt - Yesterday:  I had my group B strep swab but opted to not have my cervix checked.  I'm going to pass on any of the internal exams until (if) we go overdue.  I'm measuring a bit ahead, but it's because the baby hasn't dropped yet.  His/her head is still very high, but the good news is it is still down.  My weight gain has slowed, but my legs were a bit swollen.  Since there was no protein in my urine nor did I have high BP, he's not concerned about pre-eclampcia. Next appointment is on 5/24.


How far along? 36w 5d
Total weight gain/loss: up 35 total - 7lbs over my total gain with Quinn.
Stretch marks? I discovered two small new ones on the underside of my belly - that's what I get for being vain and getting out a mirror to see if I had new ones.
Maternity Clothes:  Even some of them are getting too tight, glad to be in the last couple weeks of wearing them - ever!
Sleep: Crappy the past few nights.
Best moment this week: All the fun we had this weekend and getting Quinn's room ready... almost there. Movement:  Confirmed that baby's back is to the right side of my stomach, head is down, bum is way up in my lungs and feet are way over to the left. 
Gender: Vote to the right!  Still confident it's a boy - Quinn thinks so too when asked.
Labor Signs: Pelvic pressure and braxton hicks - just so sore from carrying this extra weight.
Food Cravings: Not much this week.  No room for food in there.
Belly Button in or out? Duh - you can clearly see it from every angle in the pics Jess took!  It's border-line vulgar! haha
What I miss: Being able to breathe easily.
What I am looking forward to: Quinn meeting his little brother or sister at some point in the next month!
Weekly Wisdom:  Exercise... keep on walking.
Milestones: Started with weekly appointments.
Shout outs to new followers: No new followers this week.
Baby Brain Moment of the Week: Super duper clumsy!!
Random Belly Rubs: I don't think I've had any/many this week
Wedding Band Status: Both rings on
Link to Pregnancy 1:  36 Weeks Pregnant with Quinn 
Weekly Belly Pic:  Taken at exactly 36w by Jess:

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the maternity photos, they really take your breath away. ;) I am doing mine tomorrow night and am just so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea I LOVE the photos that Jess took. I actually put the one of my "grandchildren" as my screensaver. Thanks Jess for that beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete