Tuesday, May 31, 2011

38 Week Appointment - 10 Days!!

10 days to go....

We had our 38 week appointment today and finally met with the one Doctor in the practice that we hadn't yet and she was wonderful.  The appointment was fine, good strong baby heart beat, healthy momma and my belly measured a bit smaller today - which I've read is an indication that the baby has "dropped" a bit.

We had a wonderful family weekend together in this unseasonably warm weather.  Some fun things we've done:
  • Filled up Quinn's kiddie pool which he loved!!
  • Assembled the puzzle letter flooring for Quinn's room - educational and cute!
  • Memorial Day BBQ at a friend's house - I love watching my son and husband play yard games together. Period!  That bonding is amazing to witness.  Instead of him being off playing beer games with his buddies, he was teaching Quinn how to aim and toss bean bags.  My heart swoooonns!
  • Quinn successfully hitting the ball off the tee from his tee ball set and the look on his face when he realizes his accomplishment followed by a "I did it!"
  • For he first time in whole 78 weeks of being pregnant, I finally broke down one night and asked Chip to make an ice cream sundae run to Friendly's.  My drug of choice - PB cup sundae with hunka chunka pb fudge ice cream - hold the whip cream (I'm watching my waistline)  hehee.
  • Spending time at our friends' new home.  It's beautiful.  Quinn enjoyed himself all day splashing and playing in the pool.  He's going to be a fish!

We also worked hard too. 
  • Baby stuff is cleaned (though not organized)
  • Living room curtains are almost done being made
  • Most of the windows in the house have been washed
  • Our dining room set finally arrived so we can donate our old OLD one.
  • Ordered and received in the mail some of my post partum needs... new nursing bras, etc.

Things that are on my mind that we need to do this week:
  • Pack our hospital bag... Yes I realize I should have this done already, but you forget I've done this before and will be downsizing on what I bring.  Not to mention I think I repacked our bag 3 times while I was laboring at home - I have time people, I have time.
  • Finish the stinkin living room curtains
  • Make some food to freeze

Labor signs so far:
  • Contractions on Thursday morning at work.  Regular intervals, but not painful.  Stopped when I had lunch.
  • Random contractions - again not painful - ever since then.
  • Woke up two nights ago convinced my water had broken.  Must have had a dream with the same sensations from when it broke with Quinn.  I immediately woke Chip up, made him get a towel, he wrapped it around me like a diaper, dragged me on my side by my feet off the bed so I wouldn't leak onto our mattress... only to stand up and have no gush, no water, nothing!  Some dream huh?  False Alarm, Dear :)
  • Baby's movement was slower today...
  • Starting to get a tad swollen at night
10 Days....

No comments:

Post a Comment