Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Our Appointment at 34 Weeks

Drum roll please....

BABY IS NO LONGER BREECH!!!

Chip came to my appointment this morning and we'd both prepared to have discussions with my OB about having the version procedure to try to turn the baby.  So hopefully, this little guy or gal will stay head down and we won't even have to worry about it.

Other than that, everything else went well. BP is still nice and healthy and my bump is measuring right on track.

So something funky happened the other night when I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  I only had vision in my upper right and left peripheral sections of my line of sight.  After a minute or two and rubbing my eyes a few times, my vision came back.  So I mentioned this to my doctor and he seemed like I just spoke in a foreign language.  Then he looked a Chip and said "Did she forget to turn the lights on?"  So we all had a nice laugh at my expense...  On a serious note, if it happens again, I'm to call him right away. 

So that's that... we're in the clear for another 2 weeks.  At my doctor's practice, they do the group B strep swab and the first internal exam to check for dilation and effacement at the 36 week appointment.  I don't have a choice about the GBS test, but I will be passing on the internal exams as I mentioned in my "Labor Discussion" post.

1 comment: