Monday, November 29, 2010

Big Brother!

We found out this morning, Oct 4th, 2010 (at 230am) that Quinn is going to be a big brother in Mid June. Sometime between June 10 and 14th we think.

I got up at 230am to dreamfeed Quinn. He normally nurses at 5am when I'm up to get ready for work, but today he got his tubes in and couldn't have any breastmilk within 4 hours of his surgery, so we got up early. I had to go to the bathroom and figured I might as well test. Sure enough, it was positive :) So I went in to feed Quinn, laid him back down to sleep and brought the test in to show Chip.

Quinn's procedure went great! He was taken in at 810 and they were out to tell us he did great and starting to wake up at 828! We were home by 900, ate breakfast and played, you'd never know the kid had surgery this morning. Here's to hoping we've seen an end to the constant ear infections.


We are very excited, though I'm finding it hard to believe that we're headed down this road again.




It's going to be so fun to have them about 22 months apart!!

So far, this is what I can compare between the two pregnancies...
First positive test:
1st Pregnancy: 12/17/2008 - CD 31.
2nd Pregnancy: 10/4/2010 - CD 32.

Early symptoms:
1st Pregnancy: Hot flashes
2nd Pregnancy: Frequent urination and headaches.

So far so good, sitting pretty at 4 weeks, 3 days. So why not start off the survey again:
How far along? 4w, 3d.
Total weight gain/loss: Baseline, though I'm starting off exactly 10lbs less than where we started with Quinn :)
Stretch marks? I refuse to fill this one out for at least 5 more months.
Maternity Clothes: Let's also try to hold off on this for a couple months.
Sleep: I'll enjoy it while I can. :)
Best moment this week: Quinn's surgery went well. And our positive test result this morning.
Movement: No, probably won't change this for another couple months too. Felt Quinn at 15 weeks.
Gender: This baby will also be a surprise!
Labor Signs: Should probably delete this one for about 9 months!
Food Cravings: Anything sweet and unhealthy... but no aversions yet.
Belly Button in or out? In, it never fully popped last time, hopefully it'll do the same this time.
What I miss: Nothing yet.
What I am looking forward to: Feeling baby, first appt, etc.
Weekly Wisdom: Don't waste your money by taking a test too early. If you didn't get a positive until 2 days after you missed your period last time, then don't expect a positive test any sooner than that this time either.
Milestones: Positive test!!
Baby Brain Moment of the Week: Let's hope I don't need to be filling this out for another few months.
Wedding Band Status: On, and hopefully for the whole pregnancy again.
Weekly Belly Pic: To be added at another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment