Friday, January 7, 2011

Trisky Baby Ultrasound

We had our anatomy ultrasound today where the techs measure and take images of the major organs, measuring the head and abdominal circumference as well as the length of the femur to get an idea of size with respect to the due date.  Baby was difficult and wouldn't stop moving - honest to god, all I had was my yogurt and oatmeal plus lemon tea 3 hours before the ultrasound, I didn't sneak chocolate or any sweets to get the baby moving!

Baby's gender is still a surprise... though Chip thinks he saw the male part... I have a feeling it was the umbilical cord.  Time will tell :)  I still feel baby is a boy, but it'd be fun if it's a girl so that way Chip doesn't change his profession to ultrasound tech extraordinaire...

The gestational age of our little one is 18 weeks 0 days today, though each of the above measurements averaged at 17 weeks 4 days.  That's consistent with the ultrasound we had at 8 weeks to confirm my due date.  Though our official due date is 6/10, both ultrasounds had the baby measuring a little smaller with a gestational age 3 days younger. I don't have a history of making and baking big babies, so this is not a surprise to me.

I've mentioned that the dates 6/11 and 6/14 have jumped out at me throughout this pregnancy, so... we'll see.

Finally, the heartrate was at 154bpm.  Insert your favorite wives' tales predictions here.

You can compare notes with Quinn's ultrasound here and here.

EDIT: Ultrasounds pics, but we didn't get the precious profile picture, baby was not cooperating at all!



This first one reminds me of the terminator because you can see the lense of the baby's left eye.  The baby is looking directly at you laying on its left side... que Terminator music now!


This one is skelator like too - same angle with a little wave of the right hand and arm!  Hello!!!


1 comment: