Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 - Hello to Baby's Birth Year

17 weeks on Friday... We're moving right along.   5 months, 1 week and 3 some-odd days until our family is complete.  Seems as though the odd years are the great years for our family... Chip and I both born in 81, all major graduations in odd years, married in 07, Quinn's arrival in 09 and Baby 2's arrival in 2011!  I can't imagine this year being more exciting than 2009 and 2010 since Quinn's birth, but our family will be complete this year, Quinn's getting a little sibling, hopefully his lifelong friend.

I also found out that an old friend is also expecting, a few weeks after this baby is due.  Couldn't be happier for her.

How far along? 17 w 2 d
Total weight gain/loss: Maintained, not sure how that was possible with the holiday, but with all the fondue on NYE, I'm pretty sure that Monday's scale for 18w is going to break the 140 mark.  We're at plus 6 pounds so far.
Stretch marks? Just the one from Quinn, religiously using cocoa butter to keep more at bay.  Though I'm pretty sure this little star above my belly button is going to form it's own galaxy in the next 23 weeks.
Maternity Clothes:  We were in Target yesterday and Chip looked at me, "Woah, you really look Pregnant!" I look down, um yeah, I am going to be in maternity shirts this week!
Sleep: Not fantastic, I seem to get my best sleep when it's time to get up for the day.  Also, I've been awakened the past few nights with some pretty painful round ligament pains.
Best moment this week: Monday was supposed to be a date day with Chip, but with the blizzard, we kept Quinn home with us and all had a lazy day in our PJs, it was perfect.
Movement:Happy little taps and kicks, should be getting stronger any week now.
Gender: We could find out in 5 days, but will be holding out until June.  Still thinking boy, I'm thinking it's going to be boy for the duration.
Labor Signs: Nothing for about 5 months, 1 week please!
Food Cravings: Milk!  Which does not  bode well for my skin, it makes me break out pretty badly.
Belly Button in or out? I think it's just going to flatten this time.  I've never seen one so wide!
What I miss: Not being clumsy... yep, the clumsies have arrived.  Lovely!
What I am looking forward to: 5 days until our anatomy ultrasound.
Weekly Wisdom: I wish I had something wise to say, especially with respect to the clumsies... I want to get rid of them now!
Milestones: Baby's skeleton is now changing from soft cartilage to bone.
Shout outs to new followers: No one new this week.
Baby Brain Moment of the Week: Nothing too brain related, but I am really getting clumsy as I've mentioned a few times already.
Random Belly Rubs: No rubs this week, but I'm enjoying the light pats from within.
Wedding Band Status: Both rings on.
Weekly Belly Pic: Here's today's bump, wore my new maternity sweater... it's from Old Navy, it's nice, but the quality isn't great - it's already piling up - for $15 can't really complain though, pretty color, no?  I thought I was showing a bit earlier, but seems as though I've slowed down a bit, I'm okay with that :)
Link to Pregnancy 1:  17w with my first pregnancy

2 comments:

  1. Hi! So glad you commented on Michelle's blog so that I could find this one. : )Thanks for the well wishes for the new year. I know it's going to be great watching Ayla grow. Happy New Year to you as well...it's definitely going to be a great one with the new addition coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can tell you got a better camera - look at that sweater shine now! Haha

    ReplyDelete